Thursday, October 10, 2013

Web 2.0 Tools

This week topic is over Web 2.0 Tools. Here I thought that I knew what Web 2.0 meant but it turn out to be completely different from what I thought. I learned many things from just watching the videos, and and reading some of the article that were provided for this week class. After doing so, my understanding of Web 2.0 is that can be use as a good tool with in the classroom. There are many applications that go in to Web 2.0 such as the wiki, social bookmarking, voice threat and many more. This tools can be using when sharing ideas with in a group, in other words this is a tool that would be useful when doing group work. This make it easy for groups that have a hard time meeting phicially on a day or place to put all their ideas together. In other words this is a new way of sharing an interacting with one another. 

Saying that I think that this tool can be useful in the classroom. It can be useful in the classroom because it allow student to interact with one another and it makes it easier for student to share their thoughts and look for information over a subject and allow them to share them with one another. Though I do have my doubt over this. This may be a good way to share with their friends and other, but what would stop student from looking or reading over information that may or may not be true. Also the wrong use of it such as cyberbulling. This places can be an easy target to do this. Though like i said in one of my blog post or comment to one of my classmate that we can help solve this by educating one another over this. Overall i think that this is a great tool espacially in the upper level classes such as college. A great example would be this class. I am pretty sure that there are a lot of us in the class with busy schedule that it would make it hard for all of us to be at one time. This online class allows us to interact with one antoher and share ideas in an easier way then ever before

1 comment:

  1. Hey Maria,
    I love that you pointed out that using Web 2.0 can sometimes be an easier method of interaction for students who have prior engagements and are not able to physically meet. If you think about it, I'm sure that many of the people who take online courses take those particular courses because they do not have time to meet. I know that is why I have chosen to take online courses so why not make the same opportunities available for students. Good post, thanks for pointing this out. And also thanks for commenting on mine.

    Stormie Ballew

    ReplyDelete