Thursday, November 28, 2013

Assessing Meaningful Learning

This week topic is about assessing meaningful learning. The resources that I learned about this week was a resource called the quizzer tool. This tools allow teacher to create a power point over the topic area that they are going over. This can be used as a review assessment and also a way for the student to interact with in the classroom. The way that this works is that a student is able to use their phone, tablet while in the classroom. The teacher may display a question in the board and it’s up to the teacher on how they would like for them to answer it. Once the question is pop up. This allows student to send a simple text with their answer to the designated number. Then teacher can see the results from what the students answered. The other tool that we discussed was the Inspiration/Kidspiration Software. This software allow for students to brainstorm their ideas in whatever way works for them. It also allows them to organize it once they put all their ideas into a form where the can present this.


Saying this I think that both tools are great tools to use. Though I do not think that I would be using the Inspiration/Kidspariation Software at all because I can see this being use more in a English classroom. When the student struggle to come up with a creative way to start or gather all their ideas to write an essay. Saying that I am sure there are way a teacher can incorporate this into a math class if one tries. The Quizzer tool I really like! I can already think of ways I could incorporate this into a math classroom. I could use this a warm-up or a closure to see if the student understand the topic. It will also allow students to have hands-on with activities with technology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment