Friday, September 6, 2013

Introduction

Hello my name is Maria Zaldivar. I am a junior at Texas A&M- University-Commerce.In Commerce i am very involved in many thing such as being part of a sorority, Kappa Delta Chi, the Hispanic Student Association, was part of the committee team for Relay for Life (not sure if i want to do it this year cause i have a lot going on), a member of the math club, and a student worker for the math department (a math tutor).  I plan on majoring in mathematics with a minor in education. With this I plan to teach 8-12th grade but mostly high school, not sure what subject in math I would like but for sure not geometry. Teaching has always been a dream of mine in which i got the experience back in high school to be able to teach several time a classroom in the elementary level.

While going through school I was very fortunate to go to a district that had the resources to be able to get new type of technology every almost every year. Sometimes my class got to be the test class to see how the new type of technology worked in the classroom with student our age. I have got to admit I learned many cool thing through it. I din't have much of a difficult learning to use and adjust the technology in the classroom. While teaching a classroom full of elementary student I was able to implement several use of technology in the classroom such as using the Smartboard for fun games, use the computer for a research activity, and many other technology that i really can't remember the names of. I plan to use technology in the classroom to help student learn a topic that would go right for the lesson that i plan to teach. I do not want to really heavily on technology though, because as of right now, in my calculus 3 class all we do is use a program mathematica. I got to admit its a nice program to have but, i do not feel that i am learning in the class, that i would feel ready to take the test. So balancing out the use of technology i feel its important.  

I think taking this class will be interesting and it will be a class that I would enjoy. Through the semester I hope to gain more knowledge of the resources that i am able to access and be able to use some of it or help me bring out other ideas to teach a subject. I do not want to become a boring teacher that student will fall asleep in the classroom or just assigned the busy work all day. Let face it nobody had fun in those classes. In other words what i want to say is that I would like for the student to the get out the most in mathematics, then from what they came in. As for one of my goals beside leaning new ways of teaching is of course succeed in the classroom, by that i will stay active and keep up with my assignments as they are given to me. I hope to learned many things in the class that i didn't know of. Like i am doing right now, I never knew how to create a blog before or ever knew how to get started in it. I might even use this even after this class is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment